24 June 2019

President McKinley EU CB Radio Unboxing


Well I took the plunge and got myself a new President McKinley EU - After all, it does have SSB, and that's exactly what we like here in the UK!

Now, I've made no secret that I think the radio was overpriced at £279, and I felt a price point nearer £229 would be more reasonable so after a bit of digging around I found one at a price I was happy to pay. Delivery took 7 days, so it was on a slow boat from China (Or in this case Vietnam) but that's the trade off for a cheaper price. The price has started to fall since I ordered this radio and I've now seen it advertised on the Nevada website for £249

Watch out for more videos in the coming weeks but so far I'm happy with the radio. Audio is excellent on AM and SSB with FM audio being a little low (In common with most modern radios) but my trusty old Cobra Dynamike Plus soon sorted that out.

Output power is bang on 4 watts on AM/FM but again in common with several modern radios, the SSB output power appears to be a little low (Around 8 watts). Still most people will run their radios into an amplifier these days, so not a big problem.

More to come soon.....





No comments:

Post a Comment